Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Does anyone have any advice about learning ethical systems?

I'm taking a cl in interpersonal communications this fall. The problem is that i'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to philosophy, and the instructor is constantly using terms that I have no clue about. One of the things I need to learn is the 5 ethical systems.(ethic of care, utilitarianism, golden mean, categorical imperative, and significant choice) I've been trying to research them, but still don't understand a couple of them even after reading pages of geeky info!(actually, the only one that I completely understand is significant choice) Would anyone be willing to write a simple explanation of them, or know of a website that puts this stuff into understandable terms for the non-philosopher? Thanks in advance for any help!

No comments:

Post a Comment